Providing a Safe Worship Experience!
The Peninsula Pentecostals has worked hard during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide a safe environment for both members and guests. With the heightened awareness and public concerns of the rapid spread of the coronavirus, we are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak as well as adhering to the recommendations provided by the CDC, VDH, the Governor’s office and the White House. In an effort to comply with their recommendations and announcements made by both the Governor and the President of the United States, we have adjusted our church services, events and activities. We are currently keeping our doors open for all services when allowed, streaming all services to our church website, church APP and through YouTube, and conducting as many ministry events as permissible.
Below is our plan for each of the following church services and events:
- Mid-Week Connection Groups will be conducted in-person or through the ZOOM video conferencing APP.
- RSM Friday night activities are currently being held in-person.
- Saturday “Build An Altar” Prayer Meetings will be conducted weekly at home from 7:00 – 8:00 pm, except for once a month, which will be held at the church.
- Sunday Services will be held at the church building for adults and children as well as being streamed on our website and APP.
Gathering together as a church body is crucial to believers as Hebrews 10:25 instructs us, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” We believe that one must continue to live in faith during pandemic situations as they would at any other time in their lives. In accordance with this, we will continue having services as usual. In the event that a federal or state agency orders the cancellation of public gatherings or events, we would comply.
Please remember to pray against this coronavirus and for healing for those already infected. Let’s also take this opportunity to be a light to the world and share the peace of God with others. Let’s live in faith and not be fearful. God is greater than this virus. Pray a bloodline around you, your family and your community.
We are thankful to God that he has kept the church safe throughout this pandemic will limited impact on our congregation. We will continue to keep you posted as to the status of upcoming church services and events as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Additional Measures at TPP:
In response to the COVID pandemic, we are incorporating the following actions / activities to our already robust cleaning routine:
- Increased cleaning / sanitizing activities before and after each church service or activity.
- Hand sanitizer placed at entrances
- Face masks placed at entrances
- Hospitality members taking temperatures with Infrared thermometers at entrances
- All adults, students, children and infants will have their temperature checked
In order to provide a safe worship atmosphere, the following measures are being taken:
- Those who are COVID Positive, or are exhibiting any symptoms of the COVID virus are requested to remain at home and watch our services online instead.
- Those whose temperature is over 101 degrees when tested upon entry will be requested to return home and watch our services online instead.
According to the Virginia Governor’s Executive Order, the following measures are in place:
- COVID signage is posted at all entrances and throughout the building.
- Masks are required upon entry and at all time when in transit throughout the building.
- Each worshipper’s temperature will be taken upon entry.
Please refer to the Virginia Governor’s Executive Order for further details.